Fishing is available at Deep River County Park and Big Maple Lake area, Grand Kankakee Marsh, Lemon Lake County Park, Lake Etta County Park, Oak Ridge Prairie County Park, Stoney Run County Park, and Three Rivers County Park.
Fishing Fees are collected only at Lake Etta's put-and-take fishing ponds. Parking fees are collected at Lemon Lake, Oak Ridge Prairie, and Stoney Run when a gatekeeper is on duty. See below for license requirements.
||Cost for Indiana Residents
||Cost for Out of State Residents
|Children (12 and younger)
||$7 per pole
||$7 per pole
|Senior Citizens (over 60 only on Mondays)||$10||$12|
Lake Etta County Park offers put-and-take fishing ponds. Fishing is open April through October from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. daily. No license is required for the put-and-take fishing at Lake Etta. Fees are charged. Stocking dates vary based on weather conditions and availability of fish.
Additional Fishing Information
- All fishermen must have a photo I.D.
- Daily catch limit is 10 fish per person. Two pole limit per person.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Catch and release on all large mouth bass, strictly enforced.
- Jon boats and trolling motors available for rent at Three Rivers. Only Lake County Parks boats and equipment may be used on the lake.
- No fishing license is required at Oak Ridge Prairie, Lake Etta, Lemon Lake, or Stoney Run.
- A state fishing license IS required at the Grand Kankakee Marsh, Three Rivers County Park, and Big Maple Lake.
- Currently there is no stocking and no fees charged at Lemon Lake and Stoney Run (they are great places to teach you child how to fish)
- Catch and release on Largemouth bass is strictly enforces.
- Jon boat rentals at Three Rivers - $10 plus tax for four hours (available on weekends)
- Trolling motors at Three Rivers - $5 plus tax for four hours (available on weekends)
- Row Boats (where available) - $5 plus tax for one hour